Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard Review: 50,000 Bonus Points, 2x miles on Hawaii Airlines
With the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard Credit Card, you can get 50,000 Bonus Points after spending $1,000 or more within the first 90 days of account opening. This card is built to reward you for your vacation time. Now on top of a very generous sign up bonus, you’ll also receive 2X miles on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines and 1X miles on all other purchases and with no foreign transaction fees, it really does make this card a lot more of a travel rewards credit card.
There is a pretty hefty $89 annual fee though but it could definitely be worth the cost if you travel with Hawaiian Airline and you take advantage of their $100 companion discount off one coach companion ticket for round-trip travel and earn 5,000 annual bonus miles after $10,000 in annual spend. The Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines is a pretty swell travel rewards credit card; I like how well-rounded it is when it comes to point spending and there’s no limit on the number of miles you can earn!
Editor’s Note: Your Miles May Vary with the direct links I have offered in this post. You can always try incognito or dummy booking method if all else fails.
- Apply Now
- Maximum Bonus: 50,000 bonus points
- Spending Requirement: Make at least $1000 in purchases within 90 days
- Annual Fee: None
- Bonus Worth: 50,000 points is worth $500
- Expiration Date: None
- Additional Advice: Points do not expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing, and there is no cap on points!
- Search for a flight on https://www.hawaiianairlines.com (do not log into your account)
- Enter the travel dates and proceed
- Fill out the information they request
- One you’re at the payment screen, choose either credit/debit as the payment option
- Offer will appear on the right hand side
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Enjoy a complimentary 1st checked bag for the primary cardmember when you use your card to purchase eligible tickets directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- Receive a one-time 50% off a companion discount on roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
- Earn 2X miles on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines and 1X miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Get $100 off a companion ticket for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines at each account anniversary
- Earn 5,000 annual bonus miles after $10,000 in annual spend
- Easy to Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days (50,000 for just spending $1,000 is quite a generous sign up bonus)
- No Foreign Transaction fees
- Anniversary Bonus
- The Annual fee isn’t waived for the first year
- Point may not be as flexible for you
- Value fluctuates
Keep in mind that the value of these miles depend entirely on how you use them. Hawaiian Miles are usually worth approx. 0.81 cents each. 40,000 Hawaiian miles can get you a round trip economy class flight between the continental US and Hawaii or a one-way First Class flight, however, availability does come into play. Inter-Island flights start from 7500 miles, worth 1 cent apiece of a bit more depending on the day or flight.
With the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines World Elite, you can receive 50,000 bonus points after spending $1000 within 90 days of account opening. If you travel often with Hawaiian Airlines, then this card is for you. You can redeem your points for more travel options with Hawaii Airlines! The sign up bonus is quite generous for how much the spending threshold is to obtain it. Plus this card is loaded with exclusive offers such as; 50% discount on companion ticket, free checked bag, and $100 discount on one companion fare. This is a pretty nice credit card for all your travelling needs.
Now you may be contemplating this card primarily because of the hefty $89 annual fee, but keep in mind that it is a pretty cheap annual fee considering that it is a World Elite card. Now I just don’t really find it very amusing that the first year isn’t waived. Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines collaborates with a wide network of airline partners to give you a more flexible point redemption to more flights and if you’re not looking for airline travels, you get the option of transferring your points for Hilton’s at a rate of 1:1.5. Don’t forget to check out our complete list of Credit Card Promotions for all of your credit card necessities!